Monday, January 28, 2008

Reflecting on Paper one-autobiography

Now that I am done with my first paper I feel a little bit more comfortable about this class. I had some trouble starting my first paper and getting some ideas, but after I started to write and got feedback from a classmate, I felt better about writing this paper. I think that writing this paper also helped me as a writer. I realized why I write like I do and after looking at past events in my life I saw that my personal life really did affect my writing. I was pretty satisfied with my final draft. Although it was a little scary writing my first college essay, it wasn't as different from writing in my high school AP English class. I hope that after writing this first essay I will be more comfortable and relaxed when I write future papers for this class and any other class I am taking. One thing I did realize when I was writing was that I had to switch from writing about just my life to why my life affects my writing. This was difficult for me only because when I think of writing and autobiography I think of writing about life. I did have a little bit of trouble when I first started writing because I didn't put too much about my writing in the essay. Other than that this paper taught me a lot and helped me feel more comfortable about future writing.

No comments: